Data Storytelling Best Practices
- Make an effort to first understand your audience prior to the presentation.
- Always have the end in mind: “What is the value of my presentation to the audience?”
- Plan your storyboard before jumping into analysis. Don’t mislead your audience.
- Anticipate and prepare possible questions from the audience. Bounce it off your colleagues.
DinosaursHumans remember narratives in sequence, not numbers.
- Don’t just use tables. Use creative visuals to present your points.
- Utilise animations and transitions to make your presentation more exciting.
- Verbalise factual data. Don’t sugarcoat the findings.
- Don’t merely read off your slides. Add bite-size analogies and humour aptly along the way.
Wait that's not all. Finally...
End your presentation with an insightful conclusion.
Now take a deep breath and go ace that presentation!